Posts in 'BukGet'

BukGet Infrastructure Expansion

NOTE: Cross-posted from BukGet's news page.

In the past we have run into issues with the API simply keeping up the demand, causing us to expand out to a second server some years ago to help distribute the load. More recently however, the architecture that we have been priding ...

BukGet API3 gets Plugin & File IDs.

BukGet has been updated with the curse_id and file_id attributes for plugins and versions respectively. These ids are considered non-changing within the Curse systems and are there for plugin devs and plugin management devs to wire into for something more concrete than the slug names.

What intended next is to ...

BukGet gets a new Dallas Server

After the fallout of the ShardHost debacle, generously stepped up to fill the void. To be honest a lot of this had happened back in November, however due to my day job, the holidays, and some general laziness (I would like to play the occasional game as well you know ...

BukGet Goes Multi-Server

Over the past few weeks a lot of work has been done to the API code to be able to support multiple servers. I am happy to say that the new 2-server configuration has been running stably without any significant issues. No changes need to be made to any existing ...

BukGet Gets a Status Page

A couple of things have been happening after the API server started to melt down. The first thing is that we have migrated the primary host to a Shard Hosting server. The guys at Shard were quite happy to provide us a box that is more that appropriately sized for ...

BukGet API Server Load Issues

BukGet is currently in an unstable state. A new server is currently being built from scratch to take over the old server, and the eventual goal is to add both of them to a round-robin DNS chain. As it sits right now, the DB is consuming all of the available ...

Popularity added to main API

BukGet now has a new function in API3, popularity ratings. These popularity ratings are based on the number of calls to the API for a specific plugin. We have been waitgin to release this publicly until there was enough data in the trending collection to get weekly and monthly trends ...

BukGet Version 3 Now Live

The development code-base has now been promoted to the production URL (api.bukget.org). The dev URL (dev.bukget.org) will remain off-line for the rest of the week in order to try to push anyone who was coding to the dev URL to move to production. Keep in mind ...

BukGet Dev Code Production Schedule

The development code-base at dev.bukget.org will be moved to the production URL (api.bukget.org) on January 15th. If anyone still needs to test their code-base against the new one, you still have a bit over a week before the migration happens. As there is no dev code ...

BukGet Dev API Online

After a few weeks of hard work coding and debugging, I have merged the code into the mainline repository on github and have started working on the documentation for all 3 APIs for the main site. This will take some time, however I have been working hard to try to ...

BukGet Dev API Breakages

For this new version of the API, I have tried my best to keep breakage to a minimum, however as always, some things just take too long to reformat to the old format, or just doesn't make sense to reformat. The following items will break and may require some ...

BukGet Revision 3 API is working!

So I have a preliminary version of the API running on my development platform. I still have some bugs to work out (mainly that pagination isn't working). I think with a bit of refactoring of this code, I should be able to abstract out all of the logic for ...

New Bukget.org is up

After a while of just having bukget.org link to this blog, it was about time to get a new website back up. Partly to make sure that those that are helping us (Thank you MCMA!) are getting recognition, and also to alleviate some potential confusion with some of the ...

BukGet Version 3 Progress update

Development has been continuing at quite a good pace here as I have been squeezing in the time to work on the project. I have a version of the parser running through the full DBO library as I write this update and wanted to show everyone how things have been ...

BukGet Version 3 Development Started

Yes I know, "didn't you just recode all of this?" Yes, yes I did. While the new codebase has really helped to open some doors, it's also highlighted some of the issues it potentially has with growth. Some of the niceties that had been put into the last ...

BukGet Development Continues

Now that the main server has been offloaded to a new host (Again, thank you PhonicUK and MCMA!), I will be working on the codebase again. All new code changes will now first be staged on dev.bukget.org (the old service) and I encourage developers to test their code ...

BukGet Gets Upgraded!

BukGet is quickly approaching two million api calls a month and has become one of the most commonly used interfaces for programmatic-ally getting plug-in information from Bukkit's DBO (dev.bukkit.org) plug-in system. The current self-hosted site has been starting to stress from the weight of all of these ...

Minor updates to the API & Roadmap

Updates

After discussing with one of the Multicraft developers about some of the things that they would like to be doing with the API, I went ahead and implemented a sort function into the /plugins options for /api2. This means that you can now specify the field that you would ...

BukGet API V2

After a couple of months of coding in my spare time, I finally have released the next revision of the BukGet api. This version should prove to be a lot more stable as it's now relying on a MySQL back-end instead of loading all of the objects into memory ...